Monday, December 8, 2008

Xtreme Dev Work

Today was a Monday and instead of getting angry at school work, we decided to save our anger and take it out on our computers and boil underpressure for reaching the deadline.

Sweaty palms, neck collars lowered and sleeves raised to our shoulders, (well, elbows, but, I want to add some exaggeration for a nice drama effect) we began our Dev work. While Andrew was carefullly picking, mixing and changing designs for the game around, I was viciously banging commands and code into the game, crossing my fingers (one set of fingers is good; two sets is bad luck, thanks Andrew) and then stare blankly at the screen reading the text "Error", hoping that out of nowhere that Bill Gates will appear and lend a hand, complete my project for me, and hopefully chuck a few million our way ;)

After looking towards Andrew a couple of times, I noticed that he was nearing his goal : the design. Noticing this, I panic under pressure and sweat feverishly as I tap the final command into the game...press enter....click debug...and....Ta-Da! I managed to laugh (and dance inside may I add) and punch save. The game editor was completed and half of my work was done ! As I cross off what I have done, I look at what I'm to do and to my pleasure, it aint alot of work :)

After saving our progress, Andrew headed home and have planned for our next Dev Day to be tommorow after school.

Stay Tuned,

G.A. Learning

No comments: